The Abacus 5 system is a compact, bench top, 60 test/hour, 5-part WBC differential analyzer with two sampling modes: a cap piercing mode for closed tube sampling and another for open tubes.
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Reliable – The long lifetime diode laser, diagnostic flagging system, and cap recognition feature ensures optimal performance at all times and prevents sampling errors.
- User friendly – A large, color touch screen allows easy, fast, and efficient operation. The integrated barcode reader provides safe and rapid sample processing either manually or via an optional 100-sample capacity autoloader. This hematology analyzer features a logical multi-lingual operating menu and the Windows-based software enables easy connection to a host computer and printers. Results are displayed with 2 histograms and 2 scattergrams to provide maximum patient information.
- Efficient – The Abacus 5 provides a complete 26 parameter report including optical determinations of the 5-part WBC differential count. It offers open and closed tube sampling options and has a throughput of 60 samples per hour in either stat or autoloader mode. In addition, the analyzer has a 100,000-result database capacity.
- Space saving – The Abacus 5 hematology analyzer is one of the smallest 5-part differential analyzers, requiring minimal bench space. This makes it an ideal system for use in space-restricted environments such as clinics and small to medium laboratories.
- Cost Efficient – The Abacus 5 uses only 3 reagents to perform an analysis, plus a small volume of cleaner, thus providing a 5-part differential result at a very competitive price. In addition, this hematology analyzer requires minimal maintenance, thus reducing its operational downtime.
- Case Study Book Case Study Book is available for perfect interpretation of scattergrams.
- Throughput: 60 tests/hour
- Parameters: a CBC+5 DIFF mode (26 parameters) – 2 histograms: RBC, PLT; 2 scattergrams: 4 diff, WBC, LYM, MON, NEU, EOS, BAS, LYM%, MON%, NEU%, EOS%,
- BAS%, RBC, HCT, MCV, RDW (sd/cv), HGB, MCH, MCHC,PLT, PCT, MPV, PDW (sd/cv), P-LCC, P-LCR
- Laser light scattering technology for 5-part WBC differential
- Sample volume: 110 μl of whole blood
- Closed and open tube sampling, optional autosampler
- 3 cyanide-free reagents: Diluent, Lyse, Stopper
- Data storage capacity: 100,000 records
- Operating environment: Temperature: 15–30 °C
- Relative humidity: Max 80% (non-condensing)
- Multilingual user interface: English, French, Spanish, Croatian, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Turkish, Chinese, German, Greek
- Size (Width x Depth x Height) 40 cm x 50 cm x 45 cm, 16” x 20” x 18”
- Weight – 35 kg, 77 lbs
- An option to make your life easier – Autosampler
- Sample capacity -100 tubes: 10 racks with 10 sample tubes each
- Acceptable primary tubes: Monovette, Vacutainer, Vacuette, Terumo, Greiner
- Built-in barcode reader
- Built-in sample mixer
- Cap recognition (only capped tubes are mixed and processed)
- Size (Width x Depth x Height): 30 cm x 30 cm x 18 cm, 12” x 12” x 7.2”
- Weight: 10 kg, 22 lbs
- Abacus 5 Optional Small Sample Module (SSM)
- Aspirated sample only 25 μl (standard 110 μl)
- The module can either be added during manufacture or retro-fitted to analyzers already in the field